A major development with the Lib Dems braking off all negotiations with Labour. Rhodri Morgan is now on the brink, if he doesn’t form a government he is dead in the water. The question is does he have the power to deliver a deal that would satisfy Plaid demands? If not, it looks like Labour will be in opposition before the end of the month.
For Plaid, politics has always been about the greater good of the country. If the politics of the party was about power then we would already have a rainbow government. The fact that there are still two possible outcomes is testament to the fact that Plaid are still trying to see if they can deliver the best deal for the people of Wales.
The question is does Rhodri have the authority to deliver? It seems that the vultures are circling within his own party, and there is little doubt that certain elements in the Labour party want to force a rainbow coalition to shore up their own position whilst also ‘vindicating’ their disastrous electoral strategy.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- New Welsh Index Blog
- The Deep Irresponsibility of the Lib Dems
- The Deal the Lib Dems Jibbed - Judge for yourself
- What's the Point of the Lib Dems?
- Time for Rhodri to Deliver 2
- Time for Rhodri to Deliver
- Aelod Seneddol Llafur o Gymru yn cefnogi Ffioedd D...
- Has Rhodri Got the Authority to Deliver a Deal?
- Huw Lewis Throws Second Leadership Punch?
- How Right Wing Are the PLP?
- Miners Knee Compensation
- PFI – The fleecing of public money
- Gordon Brown a Friend of First Time Buyers?
- How the Assembly Electoral System Favours Labour
- Brown for Britain!
- Does Rhodri Have the Guts to Secure a Legacy?
- Shock Horror No Tory Led Coalition
- Great Night for Plaid
- Plaid to win Swansea West and Neath?
- Rhodri's not having a good election
- ▼ May (20)