Wales is now faced with the worst possible option, Labour minority rule.
Plaid’s bilateral approach ended on the basis that a rainbow deal could be delivered. Now unfortunately there’s absolutely nothing on the table for anyone and the programme of government for the next four years is going to be based on Labour’s manifesto, a most boring, unimaginative and visionless document.
The red – green document which was still work in progress provided a basis to seriously move Wales forward. Let’s hope that momentum can be built up behind a return to red green talks after the recess. It would be equally irresponsible for Labour to cut off its nose to spite its face at this stage by going alone.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- New Welsh Index Blog
- The Deep Irresponsibility of the Lib Dems
- The Deal the Lib Dems Jibbed - Judge for yourself
- What's the Point of the Lib Dems?
- Time for Rhodri to Deliver 2
- Time for Rhodri to Deliver
- Aelod Seneddol Llafur o Gymru yn cefnogi Ffioedd D...
- Has Rhodri Got the Authority to Deliver a Deal?
- Huw Lewis Throws Second Leadership Punch?
- How Right Wing Are the PLP?
- Miners Knee Compensation
- PFI – The fleecing of public money
- Gordon Brown a Friend of First Time Buyers?
- How the Assembly Electoral System Favours Labour
- Brown for Britain!
- Does Rhodri Have the Guts to Secure a Legacy?
- Shock Horror No Tory Led Coalition
- Great Night for Plaid
- Plaid to win Swansea West and Neath?
- Rhodri's not having a good election
- ▼ May (20)