The vague promise in the Welsh Labour manifesto only to review funding arrangements for Higher Education if they win a majority is deeply worrying. With the Russell Group lobbying for the cap to be raised to £7k, Cardiff University students of the future could be faced with these massive bills within three years.
Labour's response was pathetic - if it is irresponsible to rule out top up fees in Wales, does that mean that the commitment of the Labour party in Scotland, to rule out top up fees, is also irresponsible?
The most disgraceful aspect of this whole episode is that Labour in Wales have been claiming credit for the current position in relation to top up fees, when it was the combined opposition that put their intention to introduce top up fees to bed.
The introduction of tuition fees was the driving force for me in joining Plaid in the late 90s. I could never support a party that believes in undermining the right to free education. Labour is no longer the party of ordinary working people - it has sold its soul for power. These sort of regressive policies are the inevitable result.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- Plaid Win youtube battle
- NH Yes – More like ‘End the NHS’
- Labour send for the Cavalry
- BNP Election Pledge – “Plaid to hang if we win pow...
- Taflennu'r Ceidwadwyr
- Is there such a thing as Blairism?
- Huw Lewis Throws First Leadership Punch
- Plaid Youth Website Launched
- Labour Election Strategy Torn to Shreds
- The UK a Tax Haven – International Monetary Fund
- Plaid Win in Abercynon South
- Labour's Child Poverty Pledge Exposed
- There May Be Trouble Ahead
- Gwellhad Buan i Grav
- Plaid Election Broadcast - Episode 2
- Labour Poll Meltdown
- Yet More Fib Dem Duplicity
- Rhodri Abdicates Responsibility for NHS
- £7k Tuition Fees Coming to Wales?
- Martin Shipton - Labourn Election Strategy Based o...
- Tory Health Record in Wales
- Rearranging the Deckchairs on the Titanic?
- The First of Many?
- The Fib Dems are at it again
- BNP Target Plaid
- Plaid Setting the Agenda
- Croeso i Gymru Tony
- Bogus Poll Ynys Mon
- Who will take over from Rhodri?
- Election fever.....in Scotland
- The Worst Ever Election Website?
- Labour Election Strategy in Complete Shambles
- Plaid yn Lawnsio 3'ydd Poster
- 'Uninspiring and Clueless' - Labour
- ▼ April (34)