The Labour party in Wales seem to be sending out some very conflicting and mixed messages recently. On Sunday the First Minister Rhodri Morgan is quoted as saying:
"I don't think you can compare the situation in Scotland with the situation in Wales at all. If I went out on the doorstep in Ely tomorrow and said, 'Don't forget to go out and vote Labour or in five years you'll have an independent Wales breaking off from the UK', they would look at me and probably think I'd lost my marbles. Even in Scotland it's not an immediate threat."
Yet in today’s Western Mail Peter Hain, the Secretary of State for Wales, views the demise of the Union as imminent.
With the discredited and farcical Vote Plaid Get Tory strategy in ruins, looks like Labour strategists have lost their way. My tip would be for them to come up with some policies and stop playing fear politics.
The fact that Labour after 8 years in power have to rely on negative spin says everything we need to know about their lack of vision for our country.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- Lib Dem Coalition on Swansea Council
- Labour's Dirty Cash 3
- Peter Hain Deputy Leadership Campaign
- Welsh Unionism
- Labour's Dirty Cash 2
- Clwb Pel Droed Abertawe
- The Cost of Dependence
- Where's Tony?
- Labour's Funding Scandal
- Yr Her i'r Pleidiau Prydeinig yng Nghymru
- The Duplicity of the Cameron Project
- The inconsistencies of the Liberal Democrats
- Leighton Andrews - A Broken Record
- Labour’s Dirty Cash
- Welcome to Wales Tony
- Hain is at it Again
- Jeff Jones
- The Celebrities We Deserve
- What Planet are the Tories Living on?
- Under the Radar Plaid
- Cometh the hour - Cometh the man
- Crisis in Labour Strategy
- Lets Concentrate on Policies
- ▼ January (24)