Press reports indicates that Lakshmi Mittal, the richest man in Britain has bailed the Labour party out with a £2m gift. Mr Mittal is the steel magnate who in return for his kind donations in the past has received favours from the Prime Minister as exposed by Plaid Cymru star Adam Price. The infamous Mittalgate scandal was the first nail in New Labour’s coffin of sleaze and spin – where Price discovered a letter by the Prime Minister to the Romanian Government aiding his bid to purchase the former nationalised steel company. The deal is understood to have been negotiated by Lord Levy, the PM’s tennis partner who is currently on police bail pending the completion of the Police investigation of the cash for honours scandal also exposed by Plaid and the SNP.
At a time when Corus plants in Wales are under threat from takeover, I’m sure Welsh steel workers will be interested to learn that Labour will be using the donations of a rival company to buy their votes in the Assembly elections.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- Lib Dem Coalition on Swansea Council
- Labour's Dirty Cash 3
- Peter Hain Deputy Leadership Campaign
- Welsh Unionism
- Labour's Dirty Cash 2
- Clwb Pel Droed Abertawe
- The Cost of Dependence
- Where's Tony?
- Labour's Funding Scandal
- Yr Her i'r Pleidiau Prydeinig yng Nghymru
- The Duplicity of the Cameron Project
- The inconsistencies of the Liberal Democrats
- Leighton Andrews - A Broken Record
- Labour’s Dirty Cash
- Welcome to Wales Tony
- Hain is at it Again
- Jeff Jones
- The Celebrities We Deserve
- What Planet are the Tories Living on?
- Under the Radar Plaid
- Cometh the hour - Cometh the man
- Crisis in Labour Strategy
- Lets Concentrate on Policies
- ▼ January (24)