Mike German has been hitting the airwaves all weekend saying that unless Plaid commit to a rainbow deal they are going to restart negotiating with Labour - conveniently forgetting we only are where we are ‘cause they suspended negotiations with Labour in the first place. Let's be honest, a return to Lib – Lab negotiations would be farcical. German's actions is the political equivalent of a baby throwing his toys out of the pram.
I wouldn’t put anything passed the Labour party, reneging on any Red – Green deal is obviously a distinct possibility. However it would alienate the significant proportion of their support that want to see advancement on the constitutional question.
Some would argue that Plaid should cut their losses and do a rainbow deal now to make sure they are not left with nothing. An alternative view is that the actions of the Lib Dems are tantamount to blackmail, and why would you want to spend the next four years with a bunch of charlatans holding a gun to your head?
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- One Last Post
- Retired - Gone Fishing
- Who Calls the Shots for Labour in Wales?
- More Labour Strife over Red - Green deal
- The Lib Dem Farce Keeps on Rolling
- Andrew Davies Wades in
- Is Gordon Brown Calling the Shots?
- Peter Hain - Billy No Mates
- Shurmer goes to the BBC
- Mittal Funding Scandal Makes the 'Times'
- The Contradictions of Huw Lewis
- Labour-Tory Coalition Shock in ......East Dunbarto...
- Where Next for Wales? - Adam Price MP
- Archbishop Slams Government of Wales Act
- ▼ June (14)