Dr Barry Morgan, the Archbishop of Wales stinging attack on the Government of Wales Act provides further indication of the fundamental deficiencies of the system of government the Third Assembly will inherit.
The Archbishop describes the new system as ‘cumbersome and clumsy’ and asks the perfectly legitimate question why primary powers are good enough for Scotland but Wales has to go cap in hand to Westminster every time it wishes to pass a law?
Peter Hain likes to portray the Government of Wales Act as one of his greatest triumphs. The history books of the future will judge the Act as a shoddy compromise which held back the aspirations of a nation to placate the egos of a few Welsh based Labour MPs who care more about their own futures than those they were elected to serve.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- One Last Post
- Retired - Gone Fishing
- Who Calls the Shots for Labour in Wales?
- More Labour Strife over Red - Green deal
- The Lib Dem Farce Keeps on Rolling
- Andrew Davies Wades in
- Is Gordon Brown Calling the Shots?
- Peter Hain - Billy No Mates
- Shurmer goes to the BBC
- Mittal Funding Scandal Makes the 'Times'
- The Contradictions of Huw Lewis
- Labour-Tory Coalition Shock in ......East Dunbarto...
- Where Next for Wales? - Adam Price MP
- Archbishop Slams Government of Wales Act
- ▼ June (14)