If you want an indication of how Peter Hain is thinking look no further than the comments attributed to one of his dogs of war, Kevin Madge of the Amman Valley.
“I’m very unhappy with what’s going on at the Assembly. It reminds me of that old film Dance of the Vampires when anybody going to this castle who is bitten by a vampire ends up turning into one themselves."
In other words, innocent Labour members who get elected to the Assembly are being turned into rabid nats.
Madge of course is a senior figure in Hain's deputy leadership team. His claim to fame as Cabinet Member for Social Services in Carmarthenshire has been to privatise Home Care services. Perhaps he is so opposed to a Red - Green deal as it is likely to include (according to the Western Mail) a commitment to stop creeping privatisation!!
Cllr Madge got hammered in the recent Assembly elections as Labour candidate for Carmarthen East and Dinefwr. A once rock solid Labour seat, Carmarthen East and Dinefwr is now the second safest seat in Wales - under Plaid's Rhodri Glyn Thomas.
With electoral masterminds like that running his campaign, no wonder Hain is 50/1 to become Deputy Leader.
Political boffin, keen fisherman looking forward to retirement.
- One Last Post
- Retired - Gone Fishing
- Who Calls the Shots for Labour in Wales?
- More Labour Strife over Red - Green deal
- The Lib Dem Farce Keeps on Rolling
- Andrew Davies Wades in
- Is Gordon Brown Calling the Shots?
- Peter Hain - Billy No Mates
- Shurmer goes to the BBC
- Mittal Funding Scandal Makes the 'Times'
- The Contradictions of Huw Lewis
- Labour-Tory Coalition Shock in ......East Dunbarto...
- Where Next for Wales? - Adam Price MP
- Archbishop Slams Government of Wales Act
- ▼ June (14)